Catch | Ponteland
Building on the success of the Catch restaurants in West Vale and Holmfirth, Catch Seafood Ponteland is the third Catch restaurant. Following a complete refurbishment we are proud to bring our passion for fish and our much-loved seafood dishes to new customers in the North East.
Our experienced team source the freshest and finest products from UK ports and pass them directly to our award-winning Chefs to create contemporary seafood dishes with a creative twist.
Sunday’s at Catch
Try something a little different for your Sunday dinner, and join us at Catch Seafood for some deliciously fresh fish and seafood specials, along with some of the more traditional Sunday favourites.
Gluten Reduced Menu
Catch Seafood is pleased to offer a variety of gluten reduced options on our menu. If you are a coeliac or highly sensitive to gluten or gluten based products please advise a member of our team.
Fall hook, line and sinker for our delicious fresh fish this Valentine’s Day.
Enjoy a romantic dinner date at Catch Ponteland and show someone you care, with an extra-special seafood feast created by our expert chefs just for you.
“It started with a fish.”
Rooms at Catch
We have five king-size bedrooms, all with stylish en-suite bathrooms and furnished to a very high standard. The contemporary décor compliments the original features, lending each room a comfortable feel to ensure a restful stay.
Full Breakfast is included with all room bookings.
If you have any specific requirements or would like to book a special night away please contact one of our team on 01661 881440
- "We were greeted as soon as we walked through the door and shown to our room which was just lovely. Very clean and nicely decorated with lots of nice touches in the room (lovely bath in corner of room)."
- "We stayed here for a birthday treat. The rooms are exceptional, we stayed in Holy Island room which has a stand alone roll top bath in the room, most comfortable bed ever. Beautiful bar area serving great local beers and stunning food."
- "We stayed here on a Sunday night as part of a deal which offered a 3 course meal, bed and breakfast, and what a fantastic offer this was. The rooms were very well decorated and were luxurious. Ours had a freestanding bath in the bedroom and a separate large shower in the ensuite."
- "I stayed last night at the restaurant which has 5 double rooms on site. From the moment I arrived the staff were so friendly and helpful. The room was absolutely beautiful with a large en suite and a free standing bath in the bedroom."
- "We stayed in room 1 (Alnmouth) which, like the bar and restaurant, was beautifully decorated to a very high standard. The free standing roll top bath in the bedroom, spacious shower room and comfortable bed were very luxurious. We enjoyed a drink in the bar and were provided with an ice bucket for the room. We both had eggs royale for breakfast which was delicious. All the staff were very friendly and attentive."
- "It seemed a little bizarre having a fish restaurant in the former place of a country pub miles from the sea, but I must say the quality of food was terrific. I am not mad on seafood but the fish cakes were lovely. Well worth it if you love sea food."
- "Have visited The Catch at Ponteland several times and have never been disappointed.We feel confident to take friends and family members there knowing they will enjoy their meal."
- "I can not praise this restaurant enough. The service, food and environment are second to none. The menu is extensive with lots of tempting dishes. The food was all fresh cooked and absolutely delicious, portion sizes are very generous."
- "The portions were very generous and the food was delicious. The staff were very friendly and looked after us really well. We will visit again very soon."
- "Visited on the off chance of a table ,the staff could not be more helpful ,especially a young chap behind the bar. We stayed and had the best seafood platter I can remember, freshly cooked to perfection, fresh fish at its best. If you are a fish lover do not miss,the place has a buzz about it."